Um, the technology on that changes faster than even iPhones!
Which says something about the free market and medical equipment,
but that's another topic.
I'd go for whatever is cheap. If you are not diabetic (AFAYK) neither
the glucometer nor the strips will be a huge cost, and you don't need
a bunch of tracking etc.
And yeah, I went into a Walmart once. It was weird. If you want
to save money, I say go to Costco, which might be weirder but
it's less crowded. Esp. the "business Costco" ... which is open
to everyone but doesn't carry stuff like leather lounge chairs (real
business people, it turns out, are more into buying nice cooking
supplies, meat and vegies, and pop for the pop machines). I like
it because I'm just the sort of person to buy a leather arm chair
on impulse, but am unlikely to come home with an extra
beef round (and if I did, the family wouldn't complain).
I bought mine at some not-too-local pharmacy where they
would never see me again. I dunno why, but it felt illicit, and
in real life I'm rather shy. My local pharmacy knows me and my
family and in a small town, they have a great memory. But it works
fine, and AFAIK they all work fine.
The part that will affect you the
most is the "poker" ... the part that draws blood ... and the issue
there is "how easy are the tips to change"? In mine it's not
very easy, but it's also rather old, and I'm assuming they've gotten
better.
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Karen<laurvick@charter.net> wrote:
> Heather - do you have a suggestion for a glucometer purchase?
>
> I'm looking at a website now that says Walmart sells one and has cheaper
> test strips...
>
> That'd be nice since Wally's is 5 min from my house (although I hate
> shopping at that store)....
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: fast5@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fast5@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
> Heather Twist
> Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 10:02 PM
> To: fast5@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [fast5] Fwd: Another Reason to get a glucometer.
>
> I agree about testing. I'm just not sure what it all means anymore.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
--
Heather Twist
http://eatingoffthefoodgrid.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fast5/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fast5/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:fast5-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:fast5-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
fast5-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
[get this widget]
0 comments:
Post a Comment