Thank you for your comment. It's nice to know that this is not a fluke, you also experienced your acid reflux going away. Best Wishes, Carla
--- In fast5@yahoogroups.com, "mrs.luzcarter" <mrs.luzcarter@...> wrote:
>
> I'm getting back into Fast-5 mode and yes when I was on it previously, my Acid Reflux went away completely. Since I've fallen off the wagon, the acid reflux has returned. Starting back today.
>
>
>
> --- In fast5@yahoogroups.com, "Carla" <hawaiifrycat@> wrote:
> >
> > I just realized today that my acid reflux hasn't flared up once since I began the diet. Even at the beginning, I felt uncomfortably full after eating but by the time I went to bed I was better. And no waking up during the night from a GERD attack. I'm so happy!
> >
> > --- In fast5@yahoogroups.com, "Carla" <hawaiifrycat@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Greetings to all! I was thinking I should keep a log of my progress and
> > > experiences on the Fast 5. I decided to keep it here in the hope that I
> > > may help or encourage others. My beginning weight was 127 lbs and I
> > > currently wear a size 10 pants. I am 5' 1" with a tiny frame, my ring
> > > size is a 2 - no joke. So although 127 may not sound like a lot, it is
> > > too much for my frame. Be warned this is my journal so there will be
> > > much rambling and randomness, :) I learned of the Fast 5 way of eating
> > > from a friend at work. I downloaded the eBook, read it, thought it
> > > sounded reasonable and decided to give it a try. I prayed for guidance
> > > and began on December 15, 2009. I awoke on December 16 from the
> > > deepest, most restful sleep I have ever had - before the alarm went off.
> > > I was rested, alert and ready to start the day, something that has never
> > > happened to me before. I didn't have my usual "ugh, it's too early"
> > > thought. I also noticed that morning (and each morning since then) that
> > > I dreamed more vividly and remembered my dreams. When I was younger I
> > > remembered my dreams but haven't been in the last few years. I started
> > > cold turkey. The first few days I dealt with hunger headaches, a little
> > > dizziness, tiredness in the afternoon, and a very vocal tummy. The
> > > third and fourth days were hard. I had to keep out of the kitchen,
> > > fortunately I have teenagers so they can cook for themselves. I drank
> > > loads of water and tea. My friend suggested quickly drinking a cup of
> > > water when I was feeling hungry. This helped a lot. I learned by
> > > experience that the water should not be ice cold, ouch. On the 21st of
> > > December my husband and I celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary. All
> > > day visions of dinner at my favorite restaurant were dancing through my
> > > head. I stuck to the plan by reminding myself how VICTORY would make
> > > dinner that much better! And it did! What freedom and joy in knowing
> > > that I didn't have to worry about what kind of dressing to have on my
> > > salad; no guilt over ordering those divine garlic mashed potatoes; and
> > > the chocolate...ahhhh. On Christmas my family and I go see a movie
> > > (Sherlock Holmes this year). I just scheduled a day off and didn't
> > > stress out about it. I wanted to eat my weight in popcorn! When I got
> > > home I started cooking Christmas dinner, didn't eat anything until
> > > dinner). We had a wonderful dinner and wine. The best thing was weighing
> > > myself the next day and seeing a drop in my weight. It was mind
> > > boggling.
> > > My husband has been very supportive. I am thrilled to report that he has
> > > decided to join me in this way of eating. He started cold turkey
> > > yesterday (Dec 31). This is great since he has a few health issues that
> > > would be resolved by losing 75lbs.
> > > I have taken two days off since beginning and still continue to lose
> > > weight. My weigh in yesterday was 119.6 lbs. I have noticed the first
> > > few days back are difficult but the weight I've lost keeps me motivated.
> > > I'm a little concerned about how I'll handle any plateaus that come
> > > along. I'm hoping to find some posts that talk about those experiences.
> > > Thanks to those that started this support group.
> > > Carla
> > >
> >
>
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fast5/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fast5/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
fast5-digest@yahoogroups.com
fast5-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
fast5-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
[get this widget]
0 comments:
Post a Comment